A complete range of training courses designed to help you hit the ground running
The ConQuest range of training courses cover everything needed to hit the ground running. All aspects of estimating, taking off & post contract valuations are covered.
Most users will use a wide range of features within the system & attend the appropriate courses for them. Some users may just require a one-day course for the part of ConQuest matched to their specific job role.
The below information outlines the courses available & what they cover. Generally, ‘Bill Creation’ & ‘Estimating’ are ran back to back and often followed by an ‘On Line Enquiries & Comparisons’ course or a ConQuest ‘On Screen Take Off’ course. We also offer specific consultancy for specialised topics such as library creation or take off model mapping from 3D & BIM models.
Our courses are designed for people who have already familiarised themselves with the ConQuest system prior to the course. You will already have spent some time learning the fundamentals and will now have in-depth questions about how to relate the system to your specific needs in order to perform tasks faster.
Q-Series Bill Creation
This course is a great starting point. Designed to cover everything involved in creating projects in ConQuest. You will first learn how to personalise your ConQuest layout, enter details into the project register and how to create a project / bill summary. A large portion of the course will focus on taking off descriptions from the libraries to create a pricing document & copying items from other projects or using templates as a starting point.
- System Layouts & Options
- Taking Off from Libraries
- Copying Items from Previous Projects & Templates
- Creating Favourite stored & composite items
- Q-Dims Sheet Tips
- Codes & Flags
Q-Series Estimating Level One
The Estimating Level One course is designed to get new users into comfortable position to start a live project. Users will have already learned the most basic functions in their own time (with the help of the ConQuest video guides) and may even have already started to create projects using some of the many clever features available. This course will explore the functions and features of the system in greater detail. You will start to understand the core capabilities of the software and gain a greater understanding of how it fits together along with learning the general underlying rules to help you navigate the many features the software offers in an efficient way. Learning these rules will excel your future learning potential rapidly and ensure you have a good base level moving forward.
Understand the features that have been designed to save you time and help you achieve your end goal…
Efficiently, Consistently & Accurately
- Getting the most out of the Project Register
- Creating a New Project
- Importing Bills from Excel
- Personalising your Workspace
- How to Quickly Navigate around your Project
- How to Price using Resources in ConQuest
- Using Search and Range to Improve Efficiency
- Creating and Storing your own Bill items to Create a sub-library
- Altering and Amending Job resources as an Overview
- Dealing with Mark up/Adjustments with ConQuest
Q-Series Estimating Level Two
You may have completed the Level One Estimating course, will have spent considerable time using the system on a daily basis and feel comfortable with the features and functions you use regularly.
The Estimating Level Two course will now look at how you are using the basic functions of the system and delve into faster ways of performing daily tasks. It will cover a wider array of the more detailed features within the system that you may never have touched. The course teaches you how to connect tasks together, create shortcuts, avoid duplication and wasting valuable time.
ConQuest professionals interact with long term users on a daily basis, we know that users tend to use only a small percentage of the many tools available and very often don’t actually know features even exist.
Let us help you realise the true potential of your ConQuest suite of products and…
WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER
- Getting the Most from Project Register
- Personalising your Workspace
- Output Calculator and other Resourcing Tools
- Utilising Copy Items to Move items between Bill Sections and Jobs
- How to have Multiple users Pricing one Project using Bill Splitting and Merging
- Creating and Storing Composite Items
- Creating Elemental Job Analysis’s inside Conquest
- Utilising Cost Planning with Conquest
On Line Enquiries & Comparisons
Creating trade packages & getting the correct documents to your supply chain quickly is the first priority of this course. Secondly you will learn how to use the ConQuest comparison sheet to compare, analyse & adjust each quote that has been returned before deciding which subcontractor or supplier will be entered into the core project or estimate. The course will cover everything from creating enquiry letters to chasing responses through the specially designed enquiry tracking sheet.
- Create Trade Packages – Drawings / Trade Abstracts
- Bespoke Trade Letter Creation
- Subcontractor & Supplier Database
- Drawing Revisions & Amendments
- Pasting Rates into ConQuest
- Comparing Subcontractor & Supplier Quotations
On Screen Take Off
The On Screen Take Off course is a technical course that requires users to learn quick keys & clever tricks to manipulate how you view your drawings & extract quantities. It covers CAD & PDF take off, drawing structures & layers, revisions & change detection as well as how to transfer quickly acquired Dims into a project
- Obtaining multiple dimensions from one measurement
- Polyline take off using Vector Information
- Measuring Negative Dimensions
- Counts / Lengths / Areas
- Calibrating Rasta Files
- How to get the best measures from a bad drawing (tips)
- How to use Q Dim Pad with On Screen Take Off measurements
Importing standard BoQs into ConQuest is straight forward if you know the rules. Unfortunately, not all Excel BoQs are standard and not all pricing documents are received in Excel. This course focuses on manipulating irregular & sometimes complicated file formats & structures.
- How to extract information from a read only PDF
- How to edit a .txt file
- How to create and use Ultra Edit Macros
- How to import a .txt file
- How to format an excel file
- How to utilise Re Referencing
- How to convert an Excel file into a .txt file
- How to import a .ebq file
Valuations & Surveying - 2 Days Course
This two day course covers everything needed post contract. Quantity Surveyors & Commercial teams learn how to continue the project within ConQuest utilising all the information that has been gathered & created during the initial or tendering stages. This information relates to subcontractor packages sent & quotes received, LPM analysis and reports, Cost Coded budgets & time forecasts for programmes.
Surveyors learn how to re-package projects, send and compare enquiries, measure projects, create variations & run cost value reconciliation reports.
- Using pre-contract project information
- Measuring individual items by percentage or quantity
- Internal and External Valuations
- General ConQuest functions – Search / Range / Mark Up / Pricing
- Codes – Valuation / Activity / Cost
- How to clearly show None Recoverable items
- How to re resource a project to set up new trade packages
- Subcontractor & Supplier comparisons
- How to create a CVR
The ConQuest library is vast. The sections relate to many trades & extends to millions of priced items & descriptions. Some users require the ability to make major adjustments to the library or to even create a new library to suit a specific way of pricing or a specialist subcontract trade that is not covered within the standard libraries.
Over the years ConQuest has worked with companies to create & edit libraries for many specialist trades. A library consultancy day delves deep into creating bespoke library item descriptions to match your profession and then matching associated LPM & Gangs with the correct constants/output & rates.
The day is designed to give you the technical knowledge of how to create & manage libraries effectively.
Admin Level One
Many of the biggest time savings offered through your ConQuest system revolve around administrative tasks vital to aiding the estimating & surveying teams. Preparing tender documents to be imported into the system quickly can give a huge advantage when deadlines are short and the pressure is on to start pricing or sending out subcontractor enquiries.
A properly formatted BoQ or Schedule of Rates, imported correctly, can save countless hours or days down the line.
The packaging, sending and tracking of subcontractor and material enquiries is often also a huge part of the tendering or pricing process. The admin level one course aims to help anyone involved in both aspects learn how to manage these tasks efficiently to help your construction team, but also to help your supply chain. The process should be smooth and consistent for all involved right back to importing the rates into your project.
- Basic Bill Import Procedure and Planning
- Editing & Importing an Excel file quickly and efficiently
- Creating a Sendout in Online Enquiries
- Uploading and assigning documents quickly and efficiently
- Creating a Trade Bill Abstract at the click of a button
- Creating and merging custom notes into An ITT letter
- Unlocking the power of Contacts database & Usual Suspects
- Using the Tracking screen to its full potential